Blog Post 6 - Car Progress Post 3
This week, the main progress which I made on the car assignment was to panel the car into it’s separate pieces and begin adding finer details which are a part of the main mesh of the car. I was also able to complete the tire of the car, which was a little more complicated than I had initially anticipated.
At this point, with the most major parts of the mesh blocked out and somewhat finalized, it was very easy to panel the car into it’s separate parts. Each of the panels around the windows contain a very prominent chrome trim, which I was able to model out as a separate piece by duplicating faces where the window and the body of the car met, then extruding them out and fencing the edges. I paneled the hood, gullwing doors, and trunk by cutting some new geometry into the topology, and/or incorporating the previously existing topology into the shape which the panels would take.
There are only a handful of details on the car body which I need to model, and the majority of them are small attachments that are not a sculpted part of the main body. The small intrusions by the hood and the front wheels are some of the last parts of the model that are a part of the main mesh.
I also modeled the tire. This was a little confusing because cutting the geometry for the tire tread directly into an already subdivided tire model was a little difficult as far as finding the right places to multi-cut. The tire that I modeled also had a very strange number of repeating patterns at 53, which is a prime number. This meant that my initial cylinder had 53 subdivisions, and I had to model the tire tread into a very small slice of the tire.
Comments
Post a Comment