Blog Post 5 - Classic Car Progress 2
Classic Car Progress 2
I am modeling the Mercedes-Benz 300SL. I have made it past the blockout stage and have now entered the section where I model finer details into the body of the car. A large part of the modeling that needed to be done for my car specifically was massaging points to ensure that the model would smooth correctly.
The 300SL comes from an era of cars where they tended to have completely smooth curves and little to no hard edges, which means that the placement of edge flow and the vertices on the model need to be consistently checked on to make sure that there are no lighting issues when I smooth the model. Even with that in mind, I still have some lighting issues where highlights are not continuous across the model, so it is something I am hoping to get feedback on during class.
I modeled the front grille, headlights, and rear lights. Additionally, I managed to model the front and rear bumpers. The bumpers were very straightforward, as I could simply box model both of them and use control edges to create their simple curves. The headlights and rear lights took me longer as I needed to make sure that they integrated into the base geometry of the model somewhat smoothly, because they are directly a part of the car rather than affixed to the car like the bumpers.
Comments
Post a Comment